- Dial-in Balance Point With 3 “Indexable” Accessory Weights
- Ultra-Large Arbor For Faster More Immediate Retrieval
- Full-Frame Line Security
Carry at least two colours of sighter material in your pack? Know how much each of your flies weigh in grains? Take every opportunity to bend your buddies’ ear on silver vs copper bead colours or the latest version of a squirmy wormy fly? If these things sound familiar, then you’re probably hooked on European Style Nymphing. And if you are, you know a reel is much more than just a line holder.
In steps the Sage ESN reel. Packed with a suite of special features, this reel is designed specifically with the Euro-Nymph angler in mind and is fine-tuned to the nuances of the application. Built around a super thin and large diameter arbor, this design now makes it easier to get fish on the reel quickly, minimizing the need to guide line onto the spool with your finger, all while providing consistent drag output. A unique balance system allows anglers to assemble and fine-tune a set of weights, so the ESN reel can perfectly balance any Euro Nymphing (or standard) rod. Add in a full-frame that prevents fine leaders and lines from sneaking through the frame and sealed carbon drag system that provides a smooth uptake – leaving you with the ultimate fish-catching machine.
The ESN reel comes in one size, containing 3 interchangeable accessory weights (1/2oz, 1oz, and 1 1/2oz), and is appropriate for dialling in any Euro Nymphing setup on the market.
Available in both Stealth and Chipotle colourways.
- Full Frame
- SCS Drag
- One Revolution Drag Knob with numbered and indented setting
- Ultra-Large arbor for fast line pick-up
- Concave arbor for greater strength and capacity
- Fully machined 6061-T6 aerospace grade aluminium
- Cold forged and tempered for superior strength and rigidity
- Hard anodized for surface protection and corrosion resistance
- Ergonomic handle - Easy conversion from left- to right-hand retrieve
- Neoprene and embroidered ballistic nylon reel case & spare weight case